I recently reviewed “The 2010 Study of High Net Worth Philanthropy;” below are 3 tactical hints I took away:
Tactical Hint #1: Communicate, communicate, communicate…
- Communicate why the donor’s gift will make a difference.
- Communicate how efficient your charity is with their gift.
- Bonus: If your charity receives significant gifts in kind and/or volunteer hours, make sure you monetize the value of the non-cash gifts in the calculus.
Tactical Hint #2: Use the two major donor, behavioral insights below in your branding, case development and donor scoring.
- Active Religious Donors continue to be much more philanthropic.
- Volunteers to an organization are more likely to give to that organization.
Tactical Hint #3: If attorneys and CPA’s are not part of your development plan, then you are missing out on a very important channel.